- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
Train service around western Cuba connects—albeit erratically—Pinar del Río, Matanzas, and Varadero with Havana. Train passage must be purchased at the Ladis office outside Havana's railroad station. For railroad information, call the offices located at Av. de Bélgica and Calle Arsenal.
A trip on the famous electric Hershey Train from Havana's Casablanca district to Matanzas is a four-hour rattle through the scenic Valle de Yumurí. Trains depart from Havana and Matanzas at roughly 4:30 and 8:30 am and at 12:30, 4:10, and 9 pm; they leave Matanzas at 3:55 and 10:20 am and at 2:55 and 9:19 pm.
Ladis. Calle Arsenal y Calle Cienfuegos. 7/61-4259.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe