- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
Parque Colón Review
You can sightsee in one of the horse-drawn carriages (1 cuc) that wait for hire in the central Parque Colón, which also has the oldest statue of Columbus in the New World (erected in 1858). On the park, the mid-19th-century Catedral de la Inmaculada Concepción is known for its stained-glass windows, best admired from inside. To enter, walk around the church to the back door at Number 359. Don't miss the tiny chapel in the conical tower at the northeast corner.
- Location: Cárdenas
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
Recently relaxed travel restrictions mean that Cuba, with its beautiful architecture and vibrant culture, ... Read more
The longstanding travel restrictions between the US and Cuba continue to ease, with new licenses granted... Read more
We recently asked you, dear readers, about your most unforgettable travel experiences.... Read more