- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
Playa Sirena Review
Playa Sirena is a superb 3-km (2-mi) white-sand strand. You can take a 10-minute ferry from Combinado, which goes out to the sliver of a peninsula off Cayo Largo's western tip in the morning and returns in the evening. Boat trips from Playa Sirena to nearby keys such as Cayo Rico and Cayo Iguana are available, along with a full range of water sports including diving and windsurfing.
Ferries to Playa Sirena leave the pier at Isla del Sol at 8:30 and 10:30 am and 2:30 pm, returning at 1:30, 3, and 5 pm. The one-way fare is 3 cuc per person. Day-trip packages from Havana and Varadero include the 40-minute flight, half a day and lunch on Playa Sirena, snorkeling the offshore reef, and a visit to Cayo Iguana. For a taste of the best of Cayo Largo without fully renouncing the experience of Cuba, such a package may be the best of all worlds.
- Location: Cayo Largo
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
Recently relaxed travel restrictions mean that Cuba, with its beautiful architecture and vibrant culture, ... Read more
The longstanding travel restrictions between the US and Cuba continue to ease, with new licenses granted... Read more
We recently asked you, dear readers, about your most unforgettable travel experiences.... Read more