- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
Horizontes Batey de Don Pedro
At a Glance
- a unique lodging experience
- the farm environment will be less appealing to the squeamish
Horizontes Batey de Don Pedro Review
A dozen bohíos, somewhat primitively equipped, are surrounded by a full complement of farm animals at this rustic refuge from the cane fields. A cow being milked a few feet from your window is apt to be your wake-up call. It's the perfect base camp for bird-watching or fishing expeditions in Parque Nacional Ciénaga de Zapata. The excellent Cuban home cooking in the on-site restaurant ($–$$) is also a boon in these parts. The frituras de yuca (fried yucca), tasajo (shredded beef), and the mango sauce with cheese are classics.
- Address: Finca Fiesta Campesina–Australia, off Autopista Nacional at Km 142, Matanzas Province
- Phone: 45/91–2825
- Location: Península de Zapata
- 8 2-person cabins, 2- to 4-person cabins.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
· News & Features
Recently relaxed travel restrictions mean that Cuba, with its beautiful architecture and vibrant culture, ... Read more
The longstanding travel restrictions between the US and Cuba continue to ease, with new licenses granted... Read more
We recently asked you, dear readers, about your most unforgettable travel experiences.... Read more