- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
Colony Puerto Sol
At a Glance
- the Mojito Bar at the end of the long dock is spectacular in the evening as the sun sets
- mosquitoes can plague the beach area, especially at night
Colony Puerto Sol Review
This remote resort, 42 km (26 mi) southwest of Nueva Gerona on the Bahía de Siguanea, takes full care of its captive audience in every way, from the pineritos (the classic Isla de la Juventud cocktail of white rum, grapefruit juice, and ice) to the sailing, swimming, and boogie boarding programs. The island's best hotel is also a haven for divers and snorkelers.
- Address: Carretera de Siguanea, Km 42,
- Phone: 46/39–8181
- Location: Isla de la Juventud
- 77 rooms, 9 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
· News & Features
Recently relaxed travel restrictions mean that Cuba, with its beautiful architecture and vibrant culture, ... Read more
The longstanding travel restrictions between the US and Cuba continue to ease, with new licenses granted... Read more
We recently asked you, dear readers, about your most unforgettable travel experiences.... Read more