El Salto Review
Named for the salto (waterfall) in a nearby river, this little cluster of tables under a roof supported by the branches of palmas barrigonas (pot-bellied palms) specializes in simple Cuban fare featuring chicken. There's always a good trio playing bolero and son (a versatile dance rhythm that originated in the eastern cities). The house drink, the daiquirí cascada, is made of various colors of alcohol, in honor of Soroa's nickname, Rainbow of Cuba.
- Address: Carretera de Soroa, Km 8, Candelaria, Pinar del Río
- Phone: 85/2122
- Location: Soroa and Environs
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's