- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
El Salto Review
Named for the salto (waterfall) in a nearby river, this little cluster of tables under a roof supported by the branches of palmas barrigonas (pot-bellied palms) specializes in simple Cuban fare featuring chicken. There's always a good trio playing bolero and son (a versatile dance rhythm that originated in the eastern cities). The house drink, the daiquirí cascada, is made of various colors of alcohol, in honor of Soroa's nickname, Rainbow of Cuba.
- Address: Carretera de Soroa, Km 8, Candelaria, Pinar del Río
- Phone: 85/2122
- Location: Soroa and Environs
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
Recently relaxed travel restrictions mean that Cuba, with its beautiful architecture and vibrant culture, ... Read more
The longstanding travel restrictions between the US and Cuba continue to ease, with new licenses granted... Read more
We recently asked you, dear readers, about your most unforgettable travel experiences.... Read more