- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
El Salto Review
Named for the salto (waterfall) in a nearby river, this little cluster of tables under a roof supported by the branches of palmas barrigonas (pot-bellied palms) specializes in simple Cuban fare featuring chicken. There's always a good trio playing bolero and son (a versatile dance rhythm that originated in the eastern cities). The house drink, the daiquirí cascada, is made of various colors of alcohol, in honor of Soroa's nickname, Rainbow of Cuba.
- Address: Carretera de Soroa, Km 8, Candelaria, Pinar del Río
- Phone: 85/2122
- Location: Soroa and Environs
- No credit cards.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $2499 -- Cuba 6-Nt. Vacation w/Hotels, Tours & Air, $300 Off Friendly Planet Travel
· News & Features
Recently relaxed travel restrictions mean that Cuba, with its beautiful architecture and vibrant culture, ... Read more
The longstanding travel restrictions between the US and Cuba continue to ease, with new licenses granted... Read more
We recently asked you, dear readers, about your most unforgettable travel experiences.... Read more