- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
La Cueva de los Peces (Cave of the Fish)
La Cueva de los Peces (Cave of the Fish) Review
La Cueva de los Peces, 17 km (10 mi) south of Playa Larga, is a 61-meter-deep (201-foot-deep) sinkhole filled with multicolored fish that come in through a subterranean passage. Diving through the banks of fish and the lush subaquatic vegetation is superb.
La Casa del Pescador is a small but decent restaurant next to the cenote where you can stop for lunch. 45/91-5567.
- Address: Carretera Playa Larga a Girón Km 18, Matanzas Province
- Phone: 45/91–4183
- Location: Península de Zapata
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
Recently relaxed travel restrictions mean that Cuba, with its beautiful architecture and vibrant culture, ... Read more
The longstanding travel restrictions between the US and Cuba continue to ease, with new licenses granted... Read more
We recently asked you, dear readers, about your most unforgettable travel experiences.... Read more