- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
At a Glance
- excellent value for money here
- as with most Horizontes hotels, the upkeep leaves much to be desired
Check Rates from our Partners
Horizontes Guamá Review
Once a Castro bass-fishing refuge (Bohío 33 was El Comandante's), this odd hideaway spread over 12 little islands in the Laguna del Tesoro has bohíos with good screens and adequate comforts—though the mosquitoes can be fierce. A 15-minute boat ride to headquarters, which is on stilts, is followed by a canoe ride to the guest cabins. You must canoe in to the main lodge for meals. This is an interesting place, but unless you long to try the bass fishing, steer clear.
- Address: Laguna del Tesoro, Matanzas Province
- Phone: 45/91-5551
- Location: Península de Zapata
- 50 cabins.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $2999 -- Cuba: 8-Night Vacation w/Airfare, Hotel and Tours Friendly Planet Travel
· News & Features
Recently relaxed travel restrictions mean that Cuba, with its beautiful architecture and vibrant culture, ... Read more
The longstanding travel restrictions between the US and Cuba continue to ease, with new licenses granted... Read more
We recently asked you, dear readers, about your most unforgettable travel experiences.... Read more