- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
La Laguna del Tesoro (Treasure Lagoon)
La Laguna del Tesoro (Treasure Lagoon) Review
La Laguna del Tesoro is where, according to legend, Taíno aboriginals dumped gold and other loot to hide it from the Spanish. No treasure has been found, although Taíno relics have been recovered from the lake and contributed to the Museo Guamá, a replica of a Taíno village. It also has figures—created by the famous Cuban sculptor Rita Longa—of Taínos going about their daily business.
- Location: Península de Zapata
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
Recently relaxed travel restrictions mean that Cuba, with its beautiful architecture and vibrant culture,... Read more
The longstanding travel restrictions between the US and Cuba continue to ease, with new licenses granted... Read more
We recently asked you, dear readers, about your most unforgettable travel experiences.... Read more