- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
Café Atenas Review
On the Plaza de la Vigía, this friendly little patio café is near the city's major cultural treasures. Although it may seem less than a full-fledged restaurant, the sandwiches and tapas are delicious, and the setting—shaded by bougainvillea, grapevine, and ceiba trees—is magical.
- Address: Calle 272, esquina de Calle 83, Matanzas, Matanzas Province
- Phone: 45/25-3493
- Location: Matanzas
- No credit cards.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $2999 -- Cuba: 8-Night Vacation w/Airfare, Hotel and Tours Friendly Planet Travel
· News & Features
Recently relaxed travel restrictions mean that Cuba, with its beautiful architecture and vibrant culture, ... Read more
The longstanding travel restrictions between the US and Cuba continue to ease, with new licenses granted... Read more
We recently asked you, dear readers, about your most unforgettable travel experiences.... Read more