- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
Outdoor Activities and Sports
Matanzas is a big baseball town, with a top first-division team called Los Henequeros (named after the fiber used in making rope, a local product). Games are held in the 30,000-seat stadium Victoria a Giron from October to March. The stadium occupies the site of Cuba's first baseball field, built in 1874. Av. Martin Dihigo s/n, Matanzas, Matanzas Province. 45/24-8813; 45/25-3551 Infotur for game times.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's