- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
Popular with Canadian and Italian tour groups that often fly in directly, Cayo Largo is an ideal spot for a carefree vacation, though contact with Cuban life and culture is very limited. The island is also considerably more expensive than the mainland; expect to pay double normal Cuban prices for everything from diving excursions to dinner. On the other hand, the pristine beaches and seductive aquamarine waters are boon and balm to the weary soul.
From Combinado on the island's northwestern tip, around the small elbow called Cocodrilo that juts out from the island's southwest shore, and up the 20-km (12-mi) straightaway, a series of hotels offer activities of every kind.
Cayo Largo at a Glance
Elsewhere in Western Cuba
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's