Western Cuba Travel Guide
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
Plan Your Western Cuba Vacation
From the remote strands of María la Gorda to Varadero's smooth white beaches; from the southern Archipiélago de los Canarreos to the vertebral Cordillera de Guaniguanico—western Cuba holds a wide range of geographical treasures. The Valle de Viñales and its limestone hillocks, Vuelta Abajo and its tobacco plantations, and the wetlands of the Península de Zapata are quintessential Cuban destinations.
There are luxury hotels in Varadero and Cayo Largo, charming hotels around Viñales, modern accommodations at María la Gorda, and ecologically engineered...read more
Dining in the provincial capitals and towns is spotty; some places are acceptable while others seem fortunate to be able to provide nourishment at all...read more
Things To Do in Western Cuba
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
Beaches: The beaches throughout Matanzas, Havana, Varadero, and Pinar del Río provinces and in the Archipiélago de Canarreos vary from virtual... Read more
Recently relaxed travel restrictions mean that Cuba, with its beautiful architecture and vibrant culture,... Read more
The longstanding travel restrictions between the US and Cuba continue to ease, with new licenses granted... Read more
We recently asked you, dear readers, about your most unforgettable travel experiences.... Read more
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's