- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Cubatur, one of Cuba's state-run agencies, has very professional staff that can help you make arrangements for anything from a guided tour to a table at the Tropicana. The agency, or other similar service agencies, can be found in any of the main hotels where you will be staying. Havanatur, an agency with offices in many of Havana's top hotels, can arrange cultural and ecological tours as well as excursions to beaches. The staff does it all—from car rentals to plane tickets. Paradiso is a small company that offers cultural tours and guided excursions of all kinds. Other agencies include Cubanacán and Rumbos.
The Vaivén is a tourist bus (with a guide) that passes Havana's most important sights, from El Morro to the Palacio de Convenciones. It circulates every 35 minutes, has 23 stops (including the Hotel Nacional, the Hotel Habana Libre, El Capitolio, and the Necrópolis de Cristóbal Colón), and operates 8:45 am–10 pm. You can buy tickets at Rumbos agencies.
Cubanacan. Calle 146 y Calle 9, Miramar, Havana. 7/833-4090.
Cubatur. Calle F, No. 157, e/Calle 9 y Calzada, Vedado, Havana. 7/835-4155.
Havanatur. Calle 2, No. 17, e/Av. 1 y Av. 3, Miramar, Havana. 7/201-9800. www.havanatur.cu.
Paradiso Turismo Cultural. Calle 19, No. 560, esquina de Calle C, Vedado, Havana. 7/832-9538. www.paradiso.cu.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's