- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Automatic teller machines (ATMs) are a potential solution for currency exchange in Havana, generating convertible pesos provided you have a non-U.S. credit card. The airport also has ATMs. For in-town currency transactions, the Hotel Nacional and almost all of the listed hotels have a money-exchange office that handles credit cards and currency quickly and flawlessly. You will not be able to completely avoid sometimes hefty transaction fees, which are applied equally to ATM transactions as they are for credit card withdrawals at hotel banking facilities. The most cost-effective way is the not-always-convenient use of cash in Canadian dollars or euros.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's