La Flor de Loto
La Flor de Loto Review
While both its decor, neighborhood, and context may be Chinese, this restaurant has very little to do with the Orient. (Frankly, rare is the Asiatic face at any Havana Chinese eatery.) Defining itself as a fusion between Chinese and criollo cuisine, the restaurant's menu includes a wide variety of food that is popular among locals. The grilled chicken criollo-style is grand and not dry at all, while the shrimp in a cream sauce is delicious. Prepare yourself for king-size portions, the hallmark of chef Silvino Hernándes. Daily offers and the chef's selections are stapled to the menu daily.
- Address: Salud 313, e/Gerrasio and Escobar, Barrio Chine de Cuba (in front of Callejon Cerrada del Paseo), Centro Habana, Havana
- Phone: 7/863–5450
- Location: Centro Habana
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's