- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Café Taberna Review
Named after its one-time owner Juan Bautista Taberna, this was Havana's first café when it originally opened at the very same spot in 1772. The rhythms of in-house bands Son del Trópico or Matamoros are evocative, distinctly Cuban, and pay tribute to top son singer Benny Moré. The tall ceilings, retro atmosphere, and impressive wooden cocktail bar give this resto-bar a notable place among Havana Vieja establishments. Notable dishes include butterfly lobster or creole-style beefsteak.
- Address: Calle Mercaderes 531, next to Teniente Rey La Habana Vieja, Havana
- Phone: 7/861–1637
- Location: La Habana Vieja
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
Recently relaxed travel restrictions mean that Cuba, with its beautiful architecture and vibrant culture, ... Read more
The longstanding travel restrictions between the US and Cuba continue to ease, with new licenses granted... Read more
We recently asked you, dear readers, about your most unforgettable travel experiences.... Read more