- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Restaurant-Bar Floridita Review
This time warp of a restaurant was known to have been a hangout of Ernest Hemingway and prides itself as being the "cradle of the daiquirí." In 1953, Esquire even dubbed the bar one of the seven most famous in the world. Dishes paying homage to Hemingway include the Grand Plato Hemingway with lobster, fish, and shrimp in garlic sauce with peppers and exotic vegetables. The atmosphere is dark and austere, with oversize waiters dressed in undersize red-and-white formal wear plying away at daiquirí or other cocktails. A life-size sculpture of Hemingway overlooks the bar eternally.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
Recently relaxed travel restrictions mean that Cuba, with its beautiful architecture and vibrant culture, ... Read more
The longstanding travel restrictions between the US and Cuba continue to ease, with new licenses granted... Read more
We recently asked you, dear readers, about your most unforgettable travel experiences.... Read more