- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Instituto Superior de Arte
Instituto Superior de Arte Review
Built on the site of the pre-Revolutionary Country Club of Havana, which was so exclusive that dictator Fulgencio Batista was denied a membership, the ISA is the country's top art school, with separate pavilions for dance, art, music, and drama. Considered Cuba's best example of post-Revolutionary architecture, its redbrick halls and pavilions are covered with Catalan vaults and cupola skylights. From the 800 students in 39 specialties have come some of Cuba's finest artists and musicians. Zaida del Río studied here, as did Emmy-winner Chucho Valdés. Many of the little trios performing all around Havana have ISA students in their ranks.
- Address: Calle 120, e/Av. 9 y Av. 13, Playa, Havana
- Phone: 7/208–9771
- Cost: 3 cuc
- Hours: weekdays 8–5.
- Location: Vedado, Miramar, and Beyond
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
Recently relaxed travel restrictions mean that Cuba, with its beautiful architecture and vibrant culture, ... Read more
The longstanding travel restrictions between the US and Cuba continue to ease, with new licenses granted... Read more
We recently asked you, dear readers, about your most unforgettable travel experiences.... Read more