- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
El Gato Tuerto
El Gato Tuerto Review
This café-restaurant serves a first-rate onion soup; the ropa vieja, presented elegantly on a huge plate with mint and parsley garnishes, is also excellent. The specialty, however, is solomillo a la pimienta sobre piperrada (pepper steak on piperade). Downstairs, in the cabaret, performances continue until the sun rises over the Malecón.
- Address: Calle O, e/Calle 17 y Calle 19, Vedado, Havana
- Phone: 7/838–2696
- Location: Vedado
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
· News & Features
Recently relaxed travel restrictions mean that Cuba, with its beautiful architecture and vibrant culture, ... Read more
The longstanding travel restrictions between the US and Cuba continue to ease, with new licenses granted... Read more
We recently asked you, dear readers, about your most unforgettable travel experiences.... Read more