- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Castillo del Farnés
Castillo del Farnés Review
Notable as Fidel Castro's favorite hangout when he was a student—and the place where he and Che celebrated victory on January 9, 1959—this modest bar-restaurant is a good choice for a meal or a drink. You'll pay a little extra for the historical rush (which seems counterrevolutionary), but the shrimp dishes are good, and the Spanish and criollo cuisine is acceptable. Some options here include grilled beefsteak, lobster, and the signature Farnés Paella. In addition to the fully enclosed restaurant, there is a 24-hour bar looking onto the busy streets.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
Recently relaxed travel restrictions mean that Cuba, with its beautiful architecture and vibrant culture, ... Read more
The longstanding travel restrictions between the US and Cuba continue to ease, with new licenses granted... Read more
We recently asked you, dear readers, about your most unforgettable travel experiences.... Read more