- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
La Bodeguita del Medio
La Bodeguita del Medio Review
Havana's best-known bar-restaurant is a great place to hoist one for Hemingway. The downstairs bar is always packed with tourists looking expectantly toward the door as if Papa himself were about to swagger in and belly up to the bar. If you decide to dine here, ask for a seat on the airy upstairs terrace. The criollo fare is unjustifiably famous, and the expensive dishes aren't any better than the cheap ones. Best bets are picadillo a la habanera (ground beef with onions, garlic, tomatoes, and olives) and aporreado de tasajo (shredded beef in criollo sauce). Walls here are pasted with visitors' notes and pictures of the many notables that have passed through over the years, including Nat King Cole and Harry Belafonte.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
Recently relaxed travel restrictions mean that Cuba, with its beautiful architecture and vibrant culture, ... Read more
The longstanding travel restrictions between the US and Cuba continue to ease, with new licenses granted... Read more
We recently asked you, dear readers, about your most unforgettable travel experiences.... Read more