Museo de Artes Decorativos
Museo de Artes Decorativos Review
The house containing this museum was built in 1927 and owned by José Gómez Mena, one of Cuba's wealthiest aristocrats. The collection is a staggering display of treasure and taste: antique furniture; Aubusson rugs; a Louis XVI secrétaire; Ming vases; paintings by Tocqué, Nattier, and Largillière. Don't miss the upstairs bathroom or the gardens with the giant bronze dogs guarding the door to what was called El Jardín de Noche (The Night Garden), a terrace dance floor.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's