- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mirtha and Luis Soteras run a very tight ship. Service at their paladar—in a house that dates from 1925—is bright and quick, and dishes are prepared using traditional Cuban recipes. Tamal (dishes based on sweet corn), frituras de malanga, and ropa vieja de carnero (shredded lamb) are just a few of the criollo specialties. The enchilado de cangrejo (crab stew) is the star offering. Your meal may well be accompanied by Cuban music from the good old, bad old days of the 1950s and 1960s.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
Recently relaxed travel restrictions mean that Cuba, with its beautiful architecture and vibrant culture, ... Read more
The longstanding travel restrictions between the US and Cuba continue to ease, with new licenses granted... Read more
We recently asked you, dear readers, about your most unforgettable travel experiences.... Read more