- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
El Abanico de Cristal
El Abanico de Cristal Review
One of Havana's best restaurants specializes in historic recipes used by the colonial Spanish and Cuban elite. Gazpacho laced with morsels of lobster is prepared as well here as in any of Spain's leading kitchens. Fideuá, a paella made with vermicelli noodles, is an eastern Spanish specialty, and the conejo ahumado al aroma de comino (smoked with cumin seed) is from Al-Andalus, the 8th- to 15th-century Moorish empire on the Iberian peninsula. The restaurant also includes a separate sushi-bar menu. The wine list's fine selections include varieties from Castile's Ribera de Duero region, as well as Riojas and wines from Catalonia's Penedès.
- Address: Hotel Meliá Cohiba, Calle Paseo, e/Calle 1 y Calle 3, Vedado, Havana
- Phone: 7/833–3636
- Location: Vedado
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
Recently relaxed travel restrictions mean that Cuba, with its beautiful architecture and vibrant culture, ... Read more
The longstanding travel restrictions between the US and Cuba continue to ease, with new licenses granted... Read more
We recently asked you, dear readers, about your most unforgettable travel experiences.... Read more