- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Iglesia y Convento de la Merced
Iglesia y Convento de la Merced Review
Although it was begun in 1755, this church and convent complex wasn't completed until the 19th century. Hence you can clearly see a progression of architectural styles, particularly in the facade, with its six starchy-white pillars and its combination of late-baroque and early neoclassical elements. Inside are numerous works by 19th-century Cuban painters.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
Recently relaxed travel restrictions mean that Cuba, with its beautiful architecture and vibrant culture,... Read more
The longstanding travel restrictions between the US and Cuba continue to ease, with new licenses granted... Read more
We recently asked you, dear readers, about your most unforgettable travel experiences.... Read more