Tennis in Havana
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Canchas de Tenis at the all-purpose Complejo Panamericano—a sports complex on the way to Cojímar and Playas del Este—are some of the best tennis courts around. Av. Monumental, Km 4.5, Villa Panamericana, Havana. 7/95–1561.
Club Havana is the country club that was once so exclusive that even President Fulgencio Batista was denied membership (he didn't meet the racial standards). "The Club" is still private and exclusive, but if you're polite and ask nicely, the management may be able to arrange a day pass. In addition to a match on one of the four tennis courts (both clay and hard courts are available), a game of squash, a swim in the pool, a windsurfing excursion along the private beach, a massage, or some time in a sauna are also possibilities. A pass costs 10 cuc weekdays, 15 cuc weekends; getting a massage, indulging in a sauna, or using the tennis and squash courts will cost you 2 cuc (each) extra. Windsurfers rent for 5 cuc an hour. Av. 5 y Calles 188-192, Flores, Playa, Havana. 7/204-5700.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe