Swimming in Havana
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Pools are everywhere in Havana; even the elegant Hotel Nacional allows nonguests to use its two swimming pools for a 5-cuc fee. Although you'll see residents swimming off the Malecón, it's not recommended that you join them: the water quality is poor to poisonous. If you really want a beach, head to the Playas del Este.
The Complejo Panamericano, which is 2 km (1 mi) east of Havana on the road to Cojímar, has the city's best Olympic-size pool. You can swim here for a 5-cuc fee. Av. Monumental, Km 4.5, Villa Panamericana, Havana. 7/95-4221.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $2999 -- Cuba: 8-Night Vacation w/Airfare, Hotel and Tours Friendly Planet Travel