Swimming in Havana
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Pools are everywhere in Havana; even the elegant Hotel Nacional allows nonguests to use its two swimming pools for a 5-cuc fee. Although you'll see residents swimming off the Malecón, it's not recommended that you join them: the water quality is poor to poisonous. If you really want a beach, head to the Playas del Este.
The Complejo Panamericano, which is 2 km (1 mi) east of Havana on the road to Cojímar, has the city's best Olympic-size pool. You can swim here for a 5-cuc fee. Av. Monumental, Km 4.5, Villa Panamericana, Havana. 7/95–4221.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's