Running in Havana
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Although the air quality can be poor, the Malecón is a picturesque place to jog, for the human as well as for the marine scenery. The Estadio Juan Abrahantes, just south of the university, has a well-groomed track-and-field complex that's open to serious runners (call ahead for details). Calle Zapata equine de Calle G (Av. de los Presidentes), Vedado, Havana. 7/878-6959.
There are places to run (there's a 2-cuc locker fee) at the Ciudad Deportivo. Av. de la Independencia/Rancho Boyeros y Vía Blanca, Palatino, Havana. 7/40-3302.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $2199 -- Cuba: 5-Nt. Escorted Havana Tour w/Air, $300 Off Friendly Planet Travel