Hiking and Horseback Riding in Havana
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Hiking and Horseback Riding
Cubans favor the Parque Escaleras de Jaruco, 25 km (15 mi) east of La Habana, for hiking or horseback-riding outings. Well-marked trails of varying degrees of difficulty and length wind through the park's rolling hills and along its limestone cliffs, which are full of caves and underground streams. It makes a good day trip from the city, particularly if you stop at one of the Playas del Este on the way back. From Havana, take the Autopista Nacional 15 km (9 mi) east to the turnoff for Tapaste and Jaruco. The park is 6 km (4 mi) west of Jaruco village.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's