Boating, Fishing and Scuba Diving in Havana
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Boating, Fishing and Scuba Diving
Marina Hemingway, about 20 minutes southwest of Havana, home of the Ernest Hemingway International Marlin Tournament each May–June, can help you to arrange fishing, yachting, diving, and snorkeling trips—regardless of your level of skill or your budget. Scuba diving costs 30 cuc per dive (there are discounts if you book multiple dives), and snorkeling excursions go for 20 cuc. A four-hour, deep-sea fishing outing in the Gulf Stream will cost about 250 cuc (per boat load). Yacht rentals range from 250 to 300 cuc a day to 2,000 to 3,000 cuc a week. Calle 248 y Av. 5, Santa Fé. 7/204–1149.
July sees the Old Man and the Sea Fishing Tournament. The staff at the Marina Tarara/Club Nautica can fill you in on this competition. They also charter boats and run diving, snorkeling, and deep-sea fishing excursions in the Gulf Stream. Calle 5, e/Calle 2 y Calle Cobre, Playas del Este, Playa Tarara. 7/97-1462.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe