Boating, Fishing and Scuba Diving in Havana
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Boating, Fishing and Scuba Diving
Marina Hemingway, about 20 minutes southwest of Havana, home of the Ernest Hemingway International Marlin Tournament each May-June, can help you to arrange fishing, yachting, diving, and snorkeling trips—regardless of your level of skill or your budget. Scuba diving costs 30 cuc per dive (there are discounts if you book multiple dives), and snorkeling excursions go for 20 cuc. A four-hour, deep-sea fishing outing in the Gulf Stream will cost about 250 cuc (per boat load). Yacht rentals range from 250 to 300 cuc a day to 2,000 to 3,000 cuc a week. Calle 248 y Av. 5, Santa Fé. 7/204-1149.
July sees the Old Man and the Sea Fishing Tournament. The staff at the Marina Tarará/Club Naútica can fill you in on this competition. They also charter boats and run diving, snorkeling, and deep-sea fishing excursions in the Gulf Stream. Calle 5, e/Calle 2 y Calle Cobre, Playas del Este, Playa Tarará. 7/97-1462.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $2199 -- Cuba: 5-Nt. Escorted Havana Tour w/Air, $300 Off Friendly Planet Travel