- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
Modern, well-maintained tourist taxis, which charge dollars, congregate in front of hotels, transportation hubs, and major sights. Private cabs with yellow plates are much cheaper, and you can hire them for a day of driving around town for about $25. The famous bicitaxis, or bicycle taxis, are a relaxing way to see the sights. Regardless of which type of taxi you choose, settle on a price before you board.
In Holguín, Turistaxi is a reliable cab company. In Santiago, contact Taxis Cubalse, Transgaviota, or Turistaxi.
Taxis Cubalse. 226/64-1165.
Turistaxi. 24/42-4187 in Holguin; 226/63-1389 in Santiago.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's