- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
In general city buses aren't recommended. They're crowded, poorly maintained, and slow—all this and tickets are still in great demand. Tourist buses, however, can take you on tours of all lengths. Most can be booked through your hotel or at local offices of Havanatur and other state travel agencies. Islazul has modern, air-conditioned buses that run from Santiago to Havana; trips cost 40 cuc per person each way. You can make arrangements through Rumbos and other tour operators. Payment is accepted in cash and with major non-American credit cards.
Rumbos. Parque Cespedes, Santiago. 226/62-5969.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe