- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
Plaza de Antonio Maceo Grajales
Plaza de Antonio Maceo Grajales Review
The Plaza de Antonio Maceo Grajales is a nice shady spot with a central monument to its namesake, a local general who fought in the Ten Years War. A block over, at another shady plaza on El Malecón, is a striking monument to Columbus's landing. Cuba was Columbus's second stop on his first trip to the Americas, and Baracoans claim it was El Yunque that he described before landing. From here you can walk along El Malecón or hitch a ride on one of the horse-drawn carts—more utilitarian than charming—that ply the route.
- Location: Baracoa
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
Recently relaxed travel restrictions mean that Cuba, with its beautiful architecture and vibrant culture, ... Read more
The longstanding travel restrictions between the US and Cuba continue to ease, with new licenses granted... Read more
We recently asked you, dear readers, about your most unforgettable travel experiences.... Read more