- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
Mirador de Mayabe
At a Glance
- the rooms are beautifully appointed
- in the rainy season, mosquitoes are a problem here, so bring plenty of bug spray
Mirador de Mayabe Review
You can stay in one of the hillside cabins or in the gracious Casa del Pancho, whose beautifully appointed rooms have balconies. Either way, chances are you'll have a good view of Holguín Valley from any room in this hotel. The on-site bar-restaurant, Taberna Pancho ($), serves decent fare, although its biggest draw may be its mascot: a beer-drinking donkey named Poncho.
- Address: Loma del Mayabe, La Cuaba, Holguín, Holguín
- Phone: 24/42-2160
- Location: Holguín
- 4 rooms, 20 cabins.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $2199 -- Cuba: 5-Nt. Escorted Havana Tour w/Air, $300 Off Friendly Planet Travel
· News & Features
Recently relaxed travel restrictions mean that Cuba, with its beautiful architecture and vibrant culture, ... Read more
The longstanding travel restrictions between the US and Cuba continue to ease, with new licenses granted... Read more
We recently asked you, dear readers, about your most unforgettable travel experiences.... Read more