- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
Finca Manacas Review
Fidel Castro was born at Finca Manacas in the town of Biran, 60 km (37 mi) southeast of Holguín. Although the two-story house isn't open to visitors, you can get a special pass (free) to enter the premises from the Communist Party headquarters in Holguín. Castro's father leased land here from the United Fruit Company and raised sugarcane. The property eventually encompassed 26,000 acres and included a cattle farm, a repair shop, a store, and other facilities.
- Location: Holguín
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
Recently relaxed travel restrictions mean that Cuba, with its beautiful architecture and vibrant culture,... Read more
The longstanding travel restrictions between the US and Cuba continue to ease, with new licenses granted... Read more
We recently asked you, dear readers, about your most unforgettable travel experiences.... Read more