- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
Faro de Santa Cruz (Santa Cruz Lighthouse)
Faro de Santa Cruz (Santa Cruz Lighthouse) Review
Down a road exploding with bougainvillea you eventually get to Oriente's southwest corner, which is marked by the 33-meter-high (108-foot-high) Faro de Santa Cruz, built in 1877. Cabo Cruz is the pretty, but poor, fishing town that surrounds it. The rocky coast is flanked by exceptionally blue water. Fishermen work over nets in wooden boats along the shore. It's a beautiful picture, and the last stop on this coastal road.
- Location: Playa las Coloradas
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
Recently relaxed travel restrictions mean that Cuba, with its beautiful architecture and vibrant culture, ... Read more
The longstanding travel restrictions between the US and Cuba continue to ease, with new licenses granted... Read more
We recently asked you, dear readers, about your most unforgettable travel experiences.... Read more