- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
Even in its decline, Niquero, the area hub, is beautiful. The local Communist Party headquarters is in a stone mansion, seemingly immune to the decay affecting the French-style plantation houses, playful Victorian homes, and Spanish colonial buildings that surround it. The road to Playa las Coloradas heads straight through town, passing some of these structures. (Although there are a restaurant and small bungalows for rent here, operating hours are sporadic, especially in the off-season. Your best bet is to spend the night in Manzanillo.
- Location: Playa las Coloradas
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
· News & Features
Recently relaxed travel restrictions mean that Cuba, with its beautiful architecture and vibrant culture, ... Read more
The longstanding travel restrictions between the US and Cuba continue to ease, with new licenses granted... Read more
We recently asked you, dear readers, about your most unforgettable travel experiences.... Read more