- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
Parque Céspedes Review
The main plaza, Parque Céspedes, is the best place to experience Manzanillo's unique sense of style. It's dominated by a central bandstand, with colorful, intricately painted tiles and a domed top. Many of the fine buildings surrounding the plaza are Moorish-inspired. You'll also find a café, an art gallery, shops, and the Casa de la Cultura, which has art exhibits, live-music shows, and other cultural events.
The Museo Histórico Municipal has displays on local history and popular culture. One exhibit is dedicated to Taty Labernia, who was so famous for her renditions of boleros (traditional Cuban songs descended from troubadour ballads) that they called her La Reina del Bolero (The Queen of the Bolero). Calle Bartolomé Masó, Manzanillo, Granma. No phone. 1 cuc. Tues.–Sat. 9–5.
- Location: Manzanillo
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
Recently relaxed travel restrictions mean that Cuba, with its beautiful architecture and vibrant culture, ... Read more
The longstanding travel restrictions between the US and Cuba continue to ease, with new licenses granted... Read more
We recently asked you, dear readers, about your most unforgettable travel experiences.... Read more