- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
Reparto Vista Alegre
Reparto Vista Alegre Review
This elegant neighborhood of mansions is a place of historical splendor. French-inspired plantation homes, stately Spanish colonial mansions, even art-deco gems are beautifully decaying amid riotous vegetation under the clear Caribbean sun. Chevy Bel Airs and Cadillacs from the late 1950s roll down the wide, quiet streets where time seems to have frozen four decades ago, just before the Revolution. The district, framed in bougainvillea and hibiscus, resembles Havana's Vedado and older residential neighborhoods in Miami.
Look for the four-story, peach Palacio de Pioneros, a mansion that once belonged to rum baron Pepe Bosch but now is a school for Young Pioneers. The building is easy to find, thanks to the Soviet MIG fighter jet in the front yard. Av. Manduley y Calle 11, Santiago de Cuba, Santiago de Cuba.
- Location: Santiago de Cuba
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
Recently relaxed travel restrictions mean that Cuba, with its beautiful architecture and vibrant culture, ... Read more
The longstanding travel restrictions between the US and Cuba continue to ease, with new licenses granted... Read more
We recently asked you, dear readers, about your most unforgettable travel experiences.... Read more