- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
The Baconao Biosphere Reserve starts at San Juan Hill in Santiago and covers some 800 square km (309 square mi) east of the city. In addition to beaches and mountains, it contains several museums, a flower farm, and an artist colony—among other things. From Santiago, take the Carretera de Siboney, and follow the signs to Playa Siboney, a Caribbean beach 19 km (12 mi) southeast of town.
Parque Baconao at a Glance
Elsewhere in Eastern Cuba
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's