- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
The road south from Manzanillo passes through cane fields and smoking sugar mills to the town where Celia Sánchez was born. Eight kilometers (5 miles) south of this town lies the turn-off to Pilón and the beautiful south-coast road to Santiago de Cuba.
Media Luna at a Glance
Elsewhere in Eastern Cuba
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's