Eastern Cuba Hotels
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
Eastern Cuba Hotel Reviews
Santiago de Cuba has extraordinary lodgings, from the historic, well-situated Hotel Casa Granda to the postmodern Hotel Meliá Santiago de Cuba. Hidden in the decaying elegance of Vista Alegre are some fine casas particulares, as well as more conventional lodgings.
While Baracoa suffered tremendously as a result of Hurricane Ike in 2008, the town is slowly picking up the pieces.
Top-notch resorts line the southern coast. Most of them charge flat, all-inclusive rates. The prices are economical, and the quality of the service and the food is better than average. To the north, Guardalavaca is becoming a haven for Europeans and Canadians. It has a handful of mostly all-inclusive resorts and a few free-standing restaurants and discos. This area offers the perfect beach vacation, and it's a convenient place from which to explore Santiago and Baracoa.
Credit cards not affiliated with U.S. banks or companies are accepted in most major hotels.
Browse Eastern Cuba Hotels
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe