- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Although central Cuba is quite safe on the whole, you should always keep an eye on your things.
The influx of tourists in Trinidad has resulted in an abundance of jineteros, "hello-friend" hustlers who make their living "helping" tourists. They can be aggressive and have been known to tell tourists that the casa particular or paladar they're looking for is closed, or simply take them somewhere else and tell them it's the place they were looking for (Trinidad has an overabundance of illegal paladares). You may encounter similar tactics in Cienfuegos.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's