- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Though it is often late and occasionally cancelled, train service in central Cuba is quite extensive. Foreigners must pay for their tickets in dollars at the Ladis office in the station. The train to Cienfuegos departs from Havana's Coubre station at 1:25 pm and arrives 10 hours later, returning at 1 pm. Trains to Santiago de Cuba, which stop in Santa Clara, Ciego de Ávila, and Camagüey, depart from Havana's Terminal Central at 4:40 pm, with a faster, air-conditioned especial at 7:30 pm; there's also an especial to Santiago that departs from Coubre at 10:40 am. The train to Sancti Spíritus departs and returns at 10 am. Trains depart from Camagüey for Havana at 10:30 am, 1:30, 7:50 and 10:40 pm, stopping in Ciego de Ávila (2–3 hours) and Santa Clara (4–6 hours).
Camagüey Terminal. Calle Quioñes y Calle Padre Olalla. 32/28–3214.
Ciego de Avila Terminal. Calle Van Horne y Calle Simon Reyes. 33/23313.
Cienfuegos Terminal. Calle 49 y Av. 58. 432/5495.
Santa Clara Terminal. Calle Pedro Estevez, north of town. 42/20-2895.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's