The restored exterior of this 18th-century church dedicated to Our Lady of Solitude leads to its well-preserved interior. Thick, square columns rise into high arches decorated with lovely floral frescoes, above which is a mudejar wooden ceiling with ornate carved beams. According to legend, a statue of the Virgin fell from a wagon at this spot in the late 1600s; seeing it as a sign from heaven, the locals built a hermitage for it, which was later replaced by this church, completed in 1776.
Calle República y Av. Ignacio Agramonte, Camagüey, Camagüey, Cuba