Camagüey's cathedral, on the southeastern edge of Parque Ignacio Agramonte, was built in fits and starts between 1735 and 1864. The most recent of several renovations took 15 years and included replacing the wood-beam ceiling. Its refurbished exterior is an attractive beige and yellow. The most impressive aspect of the spacious interior is the large wood-and-marble altar, behind which shine stained glass and a statue of the Virgin Mary.
Across from southern end of Parque Ignacio Agramonte, Camagüey, Camagüey, 70100, Cuba