- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sports and the Outdoors
The Zaza Reservoir, 10 km (6 mi) southeast of Sancti Spíritus, is reputed to have world-class bass fishing. The Hotel Horizontes Zaza, on the reservoir, can arrange excursions. 41/32–5490.
The best place for bird-watching is the Reserva Ecológica El Naranjal, a protected, mountainous area 20 km (12 mi) south of Sancti Spíritus and near the town of Banao.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe