- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Hotel Plaza Review
The historic Hotel Plaza, which overlooks the Plaza Serafín Sánchez, has undergone an extensive renovation with mixed results. The airy public spaces—with their arches, wicker furniture, and potted plants—are charming, but guest rooms are somewhat tacky. Those in the old wing have high ceilings, but newer rooms in back are small and dark; opt for one in front (Room 201, 202, 210, or 211), as they have small balconies and park views. There's a verdant patio bar next to the lobby and a restaurant in back, but you're better off dining elsewhere.
- Address: Calle Independencia 1 Norte, Sancti Spíritus, Sancti Spíritus
- Phone: 41/32–7102
- Location: Sancti Spíritus
- 28 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
· News & Features
Recently relaxed travel restrictions mean that Cuba, with its beautiful architecture and vibrant culture, ... Read more
The longstanding travel restrictions between the US and Cuba continue to ease, with new licenses granted... Read more
We recently asked you, dear readers, about your most unforgettable travel experiences.... Read more