- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Colón Review
The Colón was inaugurated in 1927 and completely refurbished in 2001. The lobby is a jewel, with ornate columns, a marble staircase, and a dark wooden bar and front desk. The patio in back—surrounded by painted columns and lit by antique street lamps—is flanked by the main bar, restaurant, and some rooms. Most rooms are on the 2nd floor, and though they're small, they have new furniture and tiled baths. The two that face the street, with tiny balconies, are the biggest, though noisiest.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
Recently relaxed travel restrictions mean that Cuba, with its beautiful architecture and vibrant culture,... Read more
The longstanding travel restrictions between the US and Cuba continue to ease, with new licenses granted... Read more
We recently asked you, dear readers, about your most unforgettable travel experiences.... Read more